(a) Contribute to business development strategy aligned with the corporate strategy, draft and execute action plans accordingly. Cultivates relationships, identifying opportunities and new business development skills are critical. Plans and implements strategy for acquisition and management of business from small-mid-large sized pharma and biotech companies.
(b) Responsible for North America cell therapy sales and developing brand awareness. Attract customers through events and direct sales contacts.
(c) Contribute to other business modality i.e. gene therapy, cGMP grade Plasmid, Viral Vector, CRO business will be additional help
(d) Collect the market competitors’ intelligence and set the quotation modeling
(e) Represents uBriGene by attending trade shows and conferences and maintaining active membership and participation in industry member groups and events.
(f) Cover the full cycle of business development from prospecting of new customers through to the final agreement with a high level of autonomy
(g) Work closely with cross-functional partners (e.g. project managers and operations) to generate proposals and win new clients while acting as the face and voice of the company behind these activities
(h) Provide advice and suggestion for Cell and Gene Therapy development and manufacturing, and coaches and mentors less experienced Sales and Business Development colleagues if required.
(i) Owns the customer relationship for assigned services; maintains and drives continuous improvement and communicates customer needs internally. Collaborates internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
(j) Accountable for closure of the deal and driving account strategy.
(k) Maintain the old customers’ relationship and win more orders
(l) Drives year on year growth of new business from existing and new accounts within their region.
(m) Maintains accurate customer data and updates to the Customer Relationship Management system (ie Zoho). Generates timely reports (i.e. activity reports, metrics, sales targets or forecasts) as requested.
(n) Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences related discipline; advanced degree preferred. Ph.D., Master, or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience working in a BD/Sales role at a CDMO or service/technology provider, ideally in the field of cell and gene therapy manufacturing.
• In-depth understanding of biopharmaceutical process development and manufacturing.
• Excellent leadership and team management skills.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation abilities.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Financial acumen and the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
• Proficiency in using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software and other relevant business tools.
• Strong networking skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
• Willingness to travel as needed.