The Senior Director/ Director, Project Management is responsible for managing client projects for uBrigene’s portfolio of services for Cell & Gene Therapy clients. The role will be the primary point of contact for client relationships during the project lifecycle from in transition from sales, project kick-off, delivery of services, and project close out. The role will also help identify and establish the key people, practices, processes, and systems can be leveraged to deliver exemplary customer service, while delivering projects on time and on budget. As a cross-functional position, the role calls on applicants who demonstrate a strong competency for project management and customer service. The right candidates with success in position, or in past experience, will have opportunity to establish themselves as department head, leading future growth of uBrigene’s North American program management organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage projects in a cross-function team. Serve as the primary interface between uBriGene and clients in Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) manufacturing programs.
• Facilitate internal project team meetings and external client meetings including delivery and management of a project charter, meeting agendas, integrated project schedules, key performance measures, risk registrar, timely meeting minutes & action items.
• Present project plans and communicate project status and actions, through face-to-face meetings, web-meetings, phone, and email.
• Participate in overall account governance, facilitate leadership review as required.
• Drive collaboration with internal cross-functional teams necessary for delivery on the project including Process Sciences, Manufacturing Sciences & Technologies, Quality Control, Quality
Assurance, Supply Chain to ensuring alignment on project objectives and priorities.
• Monitor timelines and sales contracts for accuracy and follow up on any discrepancies with clients and internal personnel.
• Support the drafting and management of additional Work Orders or Change Orders as necessary.
• Confirm the completion of work by stage with the client and ensure the delivery on project financials through close alignment with Sales / Business Development, Finance for invoice management for timely revenue recognition.
• Proactively identify opportunity from existing clients, and support cultivation of new or expanded business opportunities with the account.
• Support the Sales / Business Development during the sales process for mature opportunities or at the point in transition into the Program Management organization.
• Perform other functions and duties as required.
▪ Advanced degree preferred (PhD or MS) in molecular or cell biology, biomedical engineering or related science / bioprocess major with 3-5 years of applicable work experience. Exceptional candidates with related Bachelor’s degree and related working experience will also be considered.
▪ Ability to manage diverse teams with distinct cultures and technical backgrounds in an agile
▪ Excellent communication skills with problem solving capabilities is a must. Capability of working in a highly diverse team with multicultural and technical background is required.
▪ Competency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Powerpoint,
Project, Outlook, etc.
▪ Experience in project/program/portfolio management in any industry, or with direct experience in pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals or CDMO is preferred.
▪ Enthusiastic toward the developing field of CGT with an interest for continued learning.
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
▪ Fluency in Mandarin is considered a plus, but not required.