The IT Manager is responsible for overseeing all IT infrastructure operations at a Worcester, MA GMP facility. Reporting into the Senior Director, IT & Validation, the individual will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning, maintenance, and optimization of the site's IT infrastructure. This role will collaborate closely with uBriGene’s functional heads and will have a broad range of responsibilities encompassing service desk management, vendor management, backups/data protection, disaster recovery (DR) planning, infrastructure security, and ensuring adherence to various industry standards and architectures.
IT Infrastructure Operations Management:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the site's physical and virtual IT infrastructure, including:
• MS Azure AD Virtual Servers
• Cisco/Meraki networks
• Workstations (incl. lab PCs
• Other critical infrastructure components.
• Ensure high availability, reliability, and performance of infrastructure services to meet business requirements.
• Monitor and manage infrastructure incidents, problems, and service requests, ensuring timely resolution and minimal disruption to operations.
• Develop and implement proactive maintenance and monitoring procedures to identify and address potential infrastructure issues.
Service Desk Management:
• Provide leadership and guidance to the service desk team, ensuring efficient and effective handling of user requests, incident & problem management.
• Define and enforce service desk processes and procedures to ensure consistent and high-quality customer service.
Backups and Disaster Recovery (DR) Management:
• Develop and implement comprehensive backup and disaster recovery plans for the site's infrastructure, ensuring business continuity in the event of system failures or disasters.
• Regularly test and validate backup and DR procedures to ensure their effectiveness and reliability.
• Collaborate with regional North American infrastructure teams to align DR strategies with established regional standards and architectures.
Collaboration and Communication:
• Collaborate with North American regional infrastructure leads to align site-level operations with regional standards, architectures, and initiatives.
• Act as a liaison between the site and regional teams, ensuring effective communication, coordination, and adherence to regional guidelines.
• Provide regular updates and reports to Site and Global Leadership and other key stakeholders on the status of site infrastructure operations, projects, and initiatives.
• Ensure the implementation and maintenance of comprehensive cyber security measures within the infrastructure, including network security, access controls, and data protection.
• Collaborate with external service providers to address vulnerabilities, monitor security incidents, and implement security best practices.
• Stay updated with emerging security threats and technologies, proactively identifying risks and recommending appropriate countermeasures.
• Operate in a GmP/GlP context, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and industry guidelines specific to the site.
• Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Validation teams to implement and maintain necessary controls, documentation, and audits to meet GmP standards.
• Provide guidance and support during internal and external audits related to IT infrastructure operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
Demonstrated experience managing IT infrastructure operations, preferably in a dynamic, multinational organization.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Cisco IT infrastructure components, including M365 Administration, virtual servers, wired/wireless networks, and storage.
Demonstrated technical proficiency in SharePoint administration including PowerShell scripting, MS AD Group Policy Management, and Intune configuration.
Proven experience in service desk management, including incident, problem, and request management processes.
Solid understanding of backup and disaster recovery strategies and technologies. Experience with Barracuda data protection a plus.
Experience in vendor management, including contract negotiation, performance management, and relationship building.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior stakeholders.
Strong leadership capabilities, with the ability to motivate and guide a team toward achieving operational objectives.
Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex infrastructure issues.
Ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders and team members to establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure service desk performance and identify areas for improvement.
Ability to take ownership of day-to-day vendor relationships and manage vendor performance in accordance with established contracts and service level agreements.
Experience coordinating with vendors and/or regional IT teams to procure necessary hardware, software, and services, ensuring cost-effective solutions that align with business needs, and making recommendations to senior management regarding vendor selection and ongoing partnerships.